Ellerslie Secondary School
Ellerslie Secondary School is located in Black Rock, St. Michael. The area occupied by the school was once part of the Ellerslie Plantation. Construction of commenced in 1965 and Ellerslie Comprehensive, as it was then called, opened fully on 26 September 1966, under the leadership of Mr. Cuthbert W. Brathwaite, Headmaster, and Mr. William Isaacs, Acting Deputy Headmaster. The records indicated that the initial intake of pupils was 181 boys and 151 girls and they came from schools such as: St. Stephen’s Junior, Montgomery Boys’, Good Shepherd Primary, Edghill Memorial Girls’, and ranged in age from 11 to 13 years old. The roll of the school increased significantly to 1420 by September 1970 and over 1700 by September 1971. Therefore, some of the classes had to be accommodated at the Farm Annex in Deacon’s Road under the leadership of Mr. Edward Straughan and a staff of six other teachers. The Assembly Hall as well as the much needed additional classrooms were constructed in 1971. The hall was officially opened on 29 April, 1971 by the Minister of Education, Hon. Erskine Sandiford. Five years later, further extensions of the school were carried out and it was officially declared open by the Minister of Education, Hon. Louis Tull on 29 September, 1976.
CXC May-June timetable 2017
Greetings Ellerslie Family!
Examination season is almost upon us! Hard work has gone into this moment, and we need everyone on board to seal the deal.
1) Please be on time for school. All students should arrive at school by 8:30.
2) Please refrain from any activity that can take away from the importance of this period. There is no time for disciplinary issues.
3) Please communicate to all your classmates the importance of ALL students taking each and every examination.
4) Please believe in yourself. EVERYONE can be successful, but you have to believe it.
5) If you miss an examination you are required to bring a letter from a parent or guardian.
6) REVISE, REVISE REVISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are excited about the possibilities and hope that everyone will DO THEIR BEST, DO THE RIGHT THING, and DO THEIR PART between now and the end of school.
Student videos on signing into Google Classroom
Signing into Google Classroom using a PC
Signing into Google Classroom using a mobile device
Student Information Form
Please assist us in ensuring that we have accurate information for your child/ward. We would like ALL parents/ guardians to fill out the online form provided below. Remember, this information is necessary so we can contact you especially in times of emergency. We at Ellerslie appreciate your continued support .